Certificate in Compliance
Designed for non-lawyers, the Certificate in Compliance addresses the various needs of Maine’s business, not-for-profit, and government sectors, enabling them to navigate the modern regulatory landscape and enhance their prospects for success. This certificate is offered through the University of Maine School of Law.
What you will learn
- Foundations, principles, and language of regulatory compliance
- The structure and operation of an effective compliance program
- The role of compliance programs and principles in enterprise risk management
- How to align a compliance program with the vision, mission, and goals of your organization
- Each course is limited to 25 participants
- Each course will be presented live with online delivery starting in 2020
- University of Maine School of Law, Portland, Maine
- This year’s certificate program cohort started in October 2019 and will finish in March 2020.
- For information about registering for the 2020-2021 cohort, contact email@example.com or 207.780.4368.
- Attendees may register for any number of courses, which cost $1,000 each
- Completion of at least five courses (including the introductory course) is required for the certificate
The Greater Good, produced by the University of Maine Graduate and Professional Center, is a podcast devoted to complex and emerging issues in law, business, and policy. Andy Kaufman and Ross Hickey of the Certificate in Compliance program sat down with Maine Law’s Carrie Wilshusen to discuss the field of compliance on Episodes 15 & 16. You can learn more about the podcast here.
Other Courses and Programs
Course short title - Information Privacy Summer Institute
Course short description - A series of summer courses on critical and current information privacy issues.read more
Course short title - Certificate in Compliance
Course short description - Enables Maine’s business, not-for-profit, and government sectors to navigate the modern regulatory landscape.read more
Course short title - Design Thinking
Course short description - Application of design tools, skills, and activities to solve real business challenges. Starts February 14!read more