Design Thinking for Business
Trying to do something truly new at your organization? Not achieving the project outcomes you hoped for? Want your product to stand out in a competitive marketplace? Design thinking is right for you!
We will be offering this 3-session course again on Feb. 14, Feb. 28, and March 13, 2020. If you are interested in having this course offered in-house at your organization, please get in touch with us.
(Note: You will be redirected to a registration and payment page on Eventbrite. If you have any questions about the registration process, please call us at (207) 228-8002 and we’ll be happy to help.)
What is design thinking?
- Can be applied in every industry.
- Solves problems and challenges.
- Works for everyone, not just designers.
- Encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- Improves decision-making.
- Drives creative thinking and innovation.
- Improves leadership by better connecting leaders with those they serve.
- Improves customer-centric decision-making and connection to customers.
- Enables the development of quick working solutions.
- Boosts revenues.
course skills and objectives
- Understand the design thinking process and its role in innovation
- Develop clearer problem statements
- Better understand your customers and apply this insight effectively – whether the “customers” are a work team, senior leadership, or customers buying a product
- Apply design thinking frameworks to identify and evaluate business opportunities
- Help your team generate more ideas and develop experiments to evaluate these ideas
- Transform design thinking into systems thinking
- Navigate failure productively
- February 14, 28, and March 13.
- All classes 9am-noon.
Wishcamper Center, 34 Bedford St, University of Southern Maine campus, Portland, Maine
- 9 hours
- CEU’s 0.9
- $750/attendee. This covers the cost of the entire series.
- If you wish to receive CEUs, an additional $12 administrative fee will be charged.
- A cancellation charge of 100.00% will be assessed on cancellations occurring within 5 days of the start of this session.
Meet the Instructor
Prof. Richard Bilodeau
Lecturer of Entrepreneurship, University of Southern Maine
Other Courses and Programs
Course short title - Information Privacy Summer Institute
Course short description - A series of summer courses on critical and current information privacy issues.read more
Course short title - Certificate in Compliance
Course short description - Enables Maine’s business, not-for-profit, and government sectors to navigate the modern regulatory landscape.read more
Course short title - Design Thinking
Course short description - Application of design tools, skills, and activities to solve real business challenges. Starts February 14!read more